Episode #002 of Happy Hour from the Tower: A Destiny Podcast is going “Cabals Deep” into what Bungie is calling their “Victory Lap” prior to the release of Destiny 2. Age of Triumph is a new record book—the biggest Bungie has ever released—and Tee, Nick, and Brandon are nostalgically looking ahead to what’s in store.
00:00 — Introduction
- Once again? But this is our second episode.
- Age of Triumph in one Twitch stream? Don’t be ridiculous…
1:32 — Welcome to the Age of Triumph
- This is the celebration from Bungie for Destiny.
- Why Twitch is called Twitch, according to Nick…
- A bit of the community is upset about all this new gear coming.
- Let’s enjoy the Farewell Tour
- Stream One: Let’s talk about RAIDS
- Deej (David Dague), Community Manager
- Ryan Paradis, Lead Designer
- Joe Blackburn, Senior Raid Designer
- All of Destiny’s raids are back…but there is a catch.
- For any new Destiny players, what is a Raid?
- Brandon discovers the hard way how matchmaking works: It doesn’t.
- Horror Stories of Failed Raids
- There is more to Age of Triumph other than Raids. Let’s talk about Strikes.
- Smoked Meat analogies work for this game.
- Stream Two: All About STRIKES and QUESTS
- Deej (again)
- Tim Williams, Story Developer from Rise of Iron
- Joe Sifferman, Strike Developer
- New weekly Quest Playlists
- 12 steps to new treasures and cool stuff
- Where is your Record Book? (Just in case you don’t know.)
- This is a 12-Step Program that is no help whatsoever.
- Treasures of the Ages: available at EverVerse or playing the AoT challenges.
- A few notes on finding Silver Dust
- Feeling the pain of the grind…
- New Weekly Offerings
- Challenge of Elders (Level 42 Arena)
- Nightfall Strike (Level 42/380 Light)
- Some Daybreak Modifier Love
- Can you smell the nostalgia? We can.
- Daybreak Modifier drops on Day 1…and we are counting down…
- Nick’s Lament…
13:10 — Geek Radio Daily
14:11 — The Age of Triumph (Part Two)
- When does this Age of Triumph madness begin today? Wait…TODAY?!
- So how close are we to that coveted 390 Light Level? Yeah, about that…
- Stream Three: All the GOODIES
- Deej (as always)
- Ian Macintosh, Artist
- Josh Hammrick, Senior Designer.
- Apparently, Deej is your huckleberry.
- We do love MAGFest on this podcast.
- The armor of the Age of Triumph is insane…
- The Vault of Glass armor
Brandon covets it, but Tee’s got issues.
- Verizon will not be sponsoring this podcast anytime soon.
- We also love Rev3 on this podcast.
- The Crota’s End armor
- And you know what’s another great analogy that works for Destiny?
- The Wrath of the Machine: Age of Triumph Armor…
Tee wants this. BAD.
- Tee is continuing baby steps with his KinderGuardian…
- The Moment of Triumph armor…sexay!
- So how did Bungie pull this off without putting on additional demands on the consoles?
- And then you have the Exotic weapons…
- It’s great listening to Nick and Brandon covet gear.
- Foreshadowing to Episode #3
- Nick goes there…
23:06 — Guardian Feedback
- Comments from the Cosmodrome already?!
- Want to share your thoughts with the Tower?
- Voicemail — 703.791.1701
- Email — podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com
Signing off from the Tower…
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.