It’s that kind of Tuesday where Happy Hour from the Tower: A Destiny Podcast is live! Brandon, Nick, and Tee are talking this episode about how we play Destiny. There are different approaches to the game, and everyone has a favorite way to play. In the second half of the show, they discuss ways they can improve their game.
Have a listen and feel free to share with us your own approaches to the Cosmodrome, the Dreadnaught, or the Plaguelands at 703.791.1701 or podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com.
00:00 — Introduction
- Tee is trying hard to make everybody feel good about the show in its infancy…
- Carving out time for Destiny sucks when you adult on a regular basis.
- Brandon inches closer and closer to 400 Light. (UPDATE: He made it Monday night.)
- Who’s coming out on top? Cayde-6 or this guy?
3:30 — How Do You Play Destiny?
- Nick sums up his style-of-play with the Titan succinctly. (#TankLife)
- There are other classes out there for the Kellys, and their KinderGuardian is a Warlock
- Nick’s Advice: Don’t play a Hunter like a Titan.
- A quick visit from the Studio Cat. (One of them anyway…)
- Where to find us on the PSN…
- Nick Kelly — TBA
- Brandon Kelly — Th3rmalw0lff
- Tee Morris — TheTeeMonster
- Nick and Tee are making Brandon squirm…
- How does Brandon play?
- One word — He’s a Baller.
- Crucible Doubles is Brandon’s jam.
- Nick likes to farm the Forge.
- “Titan no jump good.”
- Why Brandon prefers Nightstalker over Gunslinger
- Tee’s approach to Destiny
- Thanks to Nick, Tee’s working up the Defender with his Kinderguardian Titan.
- Tee’s more confident with the Hunter in the Crucible, but he’s got mad-love for his Warlock.
- Brandon hates the Warlock melee…especially when he’s on the other side of it.
- Before anyone says it, yes, Tee knows the Telesto is a FUSION Rifle. He was buzzing hard off the Rev3.
- Thanks, Clark Gregg.
15:07 — The Phil Rossi Experience
16:20 — How Can We Be Better Guardians?
- We love this game…but what can we do better?
- Tee volunteers as Tribute
- When the E becomes a P, Tee’s aim makes him ready for the Imperial Armed Forces.
- And here comes the hump-busting…
- Tee’s other problem: He missed his calling and should have played hockey..like Nick.
- The Rage isn’t directed at other players. It’s all on me.
- Sebastian (the Cat) returns, and loves on the plug bell.
- Tee got an awakening about “aggressive styles” of playing when watching the H1Z1 Event.
- What makes Tee unravel: The voices in his head(set).
- Brandon’s Room for Improvement
- Channeling an Inner Leroy…
- Brandon hates Pulse Rifles and Shotguns.
- SIDENOTE: Tee’s a sword guy.
- Nick looks at where he can improve.
- “Titan no jump good.”
- Patience is a virtue….and a measure for how much Heavy Ammo synthesis you have.
- Can Nick get over those jump puzzles? He’s confident.
- How do you play Destiny?
- Voicemail — 703.791.1701
- Email — podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.