If you’ve been tracking with us on Happy Hour from the Tower: A Destiny Podcast then you know that Brandon, Nick, and Tee have never been on a Raid.
Check that — never been on a successful Raid.
When Bungie revealed their new armor for the Age of Triumph, the guys knew they had to up their game, one Raid at a time; and recently, Tee and Brandon got a fireteam together and headed into the original (vanilla) edition of Vault of Glass.
Here’s how things went…
Share with us your own favorite (or least favorite) Raids at 703.791.1701 or podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com. We’d love to share them with the Guardians on the show!
00:00 — Introduction
- Nick has his own soundtrack. Did you know that?
- Brandon kills Demigods for the fun of it.
- If Orion is the foundation, then Brandon is the gravel.
3:15 — Baby’s First (Successful) Raid
- Holy Cow — we completed a Raid! And yet Brandon’s salty about it…
- Nick did not join Tee and Brandon on this Raid. Our team included…
- WikiReedia (never completed a Raid)
- TheTeeMonster (never completed a Raid)
- Th3rmalw0lff (never completed a Raid)
- Nitrolad (Veteran of Raids)
- ObiOrion (Veteran of Raids)
- ZoneMudKip (Veteran of Raids)
- Heading into the Vault of Glass, we — looked — great!
- The Vault of Glass with Nick Kelly as EmCee
- A few words on Sherpas
- What makes a bad Sherpa
- What makes a good Sherpa
- Shameless plug for Rev3
- ObiOrion, ZoneMudkip, and Miss Anubis — ideal Sherpas
- Brandon is jonesing for that AoT Vault of glass armour.
- Tee faces a nasty jumping puzzle that eats away at his final nerve….
- Why did we go with Vault of Glass?
- For Brandon, it would be a taste of what was to come for his #AoTGoals.
- Lowest level of the vanilla raids
- VoG Unfinished Business for some of us.
15:27 — Nutty Bites
16:07 — Baby’s First (Successful) Raid: Part Two
- Why did we go with Vault of Glass? (continued)
- Nick will get to do a Raid…eventually.
- Could we do this again at 390?
- Well, maybe?
- Tee wants a Light buffer before giving it a shot.
- If Orion had that armor, he would be wearing the new armor.
- So, how did we get along?
- Remember The Rage Tee owned in the last episode?
- What was pushing me to the edge…even beyond the Jump Puzzle…
- ObiOrion, the Calm of the Storm
- What would be nice before the Boss Battle: A Rundown of What I Need to Do?
- The Key to Raid Success: Communication and Coordination
- Tee learned a lot when watching an H1Z1 Event.
- On OneActual’s feed, one person is making the call.
- Another #DestinyGoal: A chain of command.
- Vault of Glass’ Boss Battle: Atheon
- Just let Brandon do his thing…
- Was the Raid worth it?
- Did WikiReedia have somewhere else to be?
- Enjoy the scenery…
- Anyone else think the Vault looks like this?
- The adrenaline crash is nuts!
- What’s next?
- Please avoid “easy” when describing these Raids…
- Leaning towards Crota’s End…
- What is your favorite Raid? LET US KNOW!
- Voicemail — 703.791.1701
- Email — podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com
- Brandon sounds so sad. Cheer him up, will you?
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.