Welcome – welcome – welcome to Part 2 of our special in-depth look at the Destiny 2 Beta which concluded just last week! Hard to believe, but yep, a week ago we were getting a look at what’s coming in September. So to celebrate, we are changing up our show schedule for the time being and going weekly with a special deep dive into the Beta.
This week, your Guardians (except for Nick who is preoccupied with Twitter now) are talking about what they liked — and what they didn’t like — in The Crucible. We’re taking about the new 4v4 approach as well as the new “Countdown” Elimination game.
Sound off, Guardians! What are your thoughts on the new Crucible? What do you think needs work? Talk to us at 703.791.1701 (reachable through WhatsApp now) or podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com. We’d love to hear from you!
00:00 — Introduction
- We’re back for more!
- Tee throws Nova Bombs when he gets grumpy.
- Nick, dammit, would you put down your Twitter?
- Coach V. Ghaul: Who would walk away?
- Coach says go here to see how multi-lingual Ghaul is!
- What happens when the Kellys and Tee get slap-happy in Destiny.
02:51 — Episode #013: All About the Beta! (Part Two — The Crucible)
- We’re switching gears from the first show to focus on The Crucible.
- Nick’s out. Busy on Twitter.
- Now Brandon no longer has to sing a drop-in.
- Inappropriate movie quoting at work with Nick Kelly
- Two Flavors of The Crucible
- Countdown (Competitive)
- The discussion over the controversial 4 v 4 Crucible
- Ron’s got strong opposition to it.
- Parallels with Destiny 2’s new Crucible and the H1Z1 eSports Competition Tee watched.
- Aaaaaand Tee goes off and says something WAY OUT OF BOUNDS….
- Okay, we’ve jumped the rails here…
- Quick shout-out from Spartan Jenzii about Destiny 2
- Is there really a problem with team shooting in The Crucible?
- Brandon’s review of Countdown
- But Tee is digging the new approach. It should be about team play, right?
- What happens when Hunters gather together in Control…
- Compelling people to play as a team. A good thing? Or no?
- There is irony in that the Endless Vale is actually quite tiny.
- Will there be a place for the solo player in PvP?
- And the Nick/Courtenay/#BlondeSolo sage continues…
11:58 — GameStop of Innovation Center (Manassas, Virginia)
12:38 —Episode #013: All About the Beta! (Part Two — The Crucible)
- So Nick is done with The Crucible…but not with Twitter…
- Thank you, Coach, for getting us back on track!
- Yes, Tee knows it isn’t called “Fist of Panic” and that’s because he’s taking a cue from The Big Show.
- Power Ammo drops — happening a little differently
- Silence does not work well in podcasting, guys!
- Changes in what is considered “Power” weapons
- Protect Your Cleric!
- Elitism? We have it here, sure…
- The style of Power Ammo drops Tee digs that in the new “Countdown” game.
- How we review Countdown
- There are pluses…and minuses.
- Similarities and differences between Countdown and Trials.
- A detour on Ghost Hunting and Age of Triumph challenges…
- The different approach to Countdown as opposed to Control
- Guardians that care only about K/D and how that comes into play with 4v4 PvP
- Guardians, what do you think of the new rules of The Crucible?
- Voicemail/WhatsApp — 703.791.1701
- Email — podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com
- Remember to leave us a review on iTunes!
- Where to find us online…
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.