Can’t get rid of the guy…
…and that’s fine by us!
Happy Hour from the Tower: A Destiny Podcast brings you right up to the eve of Destiny 2 with a look back on Destiny, featuring ZGPhoto. Now you remember Zack? We apparently didn’t scare or piss off the seasoned Guardian after his interview as he elected to stick around for another show…and we’re more than okay with our guest Guardian chiming in on the idea of Destiny being a giant Beta for the game about to drop within 24 hours!
Truth be told, we had a grand time with Zack back in Episode #17, and it is a little unsettling how well he fits in with us at the Tower. Who knows? I think a live podcast from GuardianCon may be in order!
Got a question for Zack or the Guardians at the Tower? Give us feedback at 703.791.1701 or podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com. We’d love to hear from you!
00:00 — Introduction
- ZG fits so well into the HHFTT crew, we already have a drop-in set aside, just for him!
- Even with Vegas crud, Nick cannot duplicate Coach’s homage to Ghaul.
- Nick and Brandon are not making recording in their studio any easier.
- Long distance does nothing to dampen Zack’s comic timing.
2:07 — Episode #018: Destiny 1 As Beta (with special guest, ZGPhoto)
- Great minds think alike.
- Wow. Tee talks like he shoots: sloppily and all over the target.
- From Zack’s perspective, the early days of Destiny felt like a test. A long test, one grind at a time.
- Nick may not be the PvP or Raid Aficionado, but when it comes to Lore…
- A distinct improvement between Destiny 2 Beta and Destiny 1: the storytelling.
- And what a shame with the wasted voice talent behind The Stranger. (See our voice talent episode for more on that.)
- Returning to the debate of Dinklebot vs Nolanbot
- Noted even in this article from Paste Magazine by Holly Green
- Tee digs his heels in over Dinklebot.
- The show’s hardcore gamer, Brandon, chimes in with his own thoughts on Destiny 2 and how the Destiny 1 journey unfolds.
- Of course Destiny 2 looks like Destiny 1. It’s a sequel, after all.
- Tee lets his Warlock Elitism show. Again.
- Haters: Complaining just to complain.
- We want the same thing as before…but bigger and better.
14:09— GameStop of Innovation Center (Manassas, Virginia)
14:45 — Destiny in the News and Wrapping Up (with special guest, ZGPhoto)
- Tee didn’t even have to drop the prompt. Zack’s got this!
- Jumping back to focus on ZGPhoto and his Twitch stream (which you should be watching…)
- Destiny in the News
- Tee digs his his heels in even deeper…
- …but Zack endears himself with the rest of the Tower’s crew.
- News Item One: Remember that PC Beta that ended last week? You can pre-load it now. (Wait. What?!)
- News Item Two: Why the Farm was open longer at the end of the Console Beta?
- News Item Three: New York Yankees Aaron Judge Applies Serious Destiny Chroma to His Uniform
- News Item Four: Brandon’s got a surprise for Tee…
In the words of Cas Anvar’s Alex Kamal: Good God Damn!!!
- Oh, wait a minute, one more question for Zack…
- The origin story of the Photobombers
- When finding a niche, find something that flows.
- Some side-love for MAGFest as we talk about #DestinyGoals and GuardianCon 2018
- What about the Raid Clinic Zack and James Werk host? Will that be returning for Destiny 2?
- And why Zack is trying to avoid any of the spoilery Destiny 2 rumors and news pre-release.
- Plans are in play for the next incarnation of Zack’s and James’ Raid Clinics
- Considering “Public Clans” and “Guided Games” options coming with Destiny 2
- Hard lessons learned from Destiny
- Let us know what you think of the Destiny experience and how Destiny 2 is treating you!
- Voicemail — 703.791.1701
- Email — podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com
- And make sure to leave us a review on iTunes! Let people know about this podcast.
- Where to find ZG…
- Having Twitch streamers in studio is good fun. Cool stuff happens.
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.