Who is Danfinity, you ask?
Well, we are going to answer that question with this one-on-two chat (Yes, “two” as Nick is on a business trip at the time of this recording, so it’s just me and Brandon.) as we talk all about Clans and why they matter. We end with some hard talk about the Warmind which, at the time of the recording, was days away…
Now, it is a matter of hours.
Want to send some feedback to Danfinity or give us your thoughts on the Warmind DLC? Talk to us at 703.791.1701 or podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com.
00:00 — Introduction
- Sensing a theme again…
- Man, B, that’s a serious resume you got there.
- No, Nick, but check it out, Danfinity is on the line!
- Danfinity also goes by the nickname, The Collector. Here’s why…
2:52 — Episode #036: All About Clans (with Special Guest, Danfinity!)
- Let’s get to know Dan and discover his journey…
- Professor Broman served as Dan’s gateway.
- Dan truly was tumbling through the void with Twitch.
- Wait…what did he call this weapon?!
- TeeMonster Rant INCOMING!!!!
- And now, back to the interview…
- When The Taken King and sword quests became available, Dan reached out to a random member of “Dads of Destiny” for help.
- How a connection really happens
- When Destiny 2 arrived, Dan had become an admin and a Raid sherpa. He was also ready to break out on his own.
- Thus Current Meta was born.
- In September 2016, Dan began to stream as an alternative to smoking.
- Danfinity gives good interview!
- What’s Dan’s Destiny Jam: THE RAIDS.
- Why Tee can sometimes be a pain in the ass on Raids…
- Current Meta is Danfinity’s Clan, but it is no longer his Clan.
- Clan Engrams. Okay, here we go…
- Tee HATES Clan Engrams.
- And it turns out that Dan’s thoughts are very close to Tee’s own.
- Dan reflects on his time with his time on the Destiny Tracker Podcast.
- What could make Clan Engrams more unique? We got ideas.
- Shout out to Vault of Sass!
- Enthusiasm is contagious.
- KILLER FIRST HALF…and we got more to come!
20:35 — Episode #036: All About Clans (with Special Guest, Danfinity! — Part Two)
- Putting Dan under the interrogation lamp…
- Wacky Clan Names FTW!
- What makes Current Meta’s reputation what it is.
- Current Meta was all the talk on 3vil_Aura’s stream.
- Tee, Brandon, it’s not always about you.
- How Gaming Nerds became Legend? A lot of hard work.
- So you want to join Current Meta? Here’s what you do…
- Play D2.
- Get on Discord.
- “Discord is Facebook for Streamers.” — Danfinity
- Some other ways to check on players’ activity
- A shout out to Bibbletron!
- Another secret in creating a successful Clan: Maintenance.
- A big factor in making Clans work: Positive attitudes.
- Why podcasters make great guests on other podcasts
- Tee is still noodling through Dan’s earlier quote about Discord.
- Right, so we’ve covered Clans. What else is Dan up to?
- Sidequest Sunday
- It was originally focused on content creators in the Destiny community, but Dan is now reaching out to people outside of the Cosmodrome.
- Dan gives his listeners a sampler of what creative people can offer.
- How easy was it to go from streaming to podcasting?
- It was all baby steps, starting with a Playstation camera.
- Slowly, Dan started to build, until he was actually BUILDING. A COMPUTER.
- It was RocCityRoller who got him building his own Dream Stream Machine.
- And then after getting his stream up and running, he focused on Sidequest Sunday.
- Switching gears again…let’s talk about the Warmind DLC.
- Brandon calls out the typo in Tee’s email.
- Making expectations realistic…or absolutely NO expectations.
- How Private Matches are going to affect the Clan
- Looking forward to the Lore Dive
- Let’s nerd out over comic books!
- Have you seen the Warmind comic from Bungie?
- So who is Mark Wade? Well now, Dan will tell you…
- Nick is kicking himself right now.
- Watching people return to Destiny 2…kinda nice.
- Where to find Dan…
- Where you can reach out to us!
- Voicemail/WhatsApp — 703.791.1701
- Email — podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com
- Or leave us a comment on the blog!
- Some last minute thoughts…
- Where to find us online…
- And here’s where to find us on PlayStation Network…
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.