EDITOR’S NOTE: During the live stream and podcast recording, there were audio issues encountered unbeknownst to the Fireteam. Please note that we are aware of echo and less-than-clean audio. We will be looking into this and taking steps to remedy this before the next podcast.
The Fireteam returns with an all-new show where we attempt to catch up with the insane amount of content that Bungie has delivered since the dropping of Forsaken. We touch on highlights of the Festival of the Lost and celebrate the Dawning, and look ahead to what’s coming next.
Remember, Guardians, you can call into the show and give us your thoughts. Go on and reach out to us at 703.791.1701 or podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com. We’d love to hear from you!
00:00 — Introduction
- Well, it sounded good when we went live…
- Brandon is here. We swear he is!
- How a joke triggers Tee into talking about his introduction to Destiny.
- Explaining to your parents how there are chairs, and then there are chairs.
- Happy Boxing Day!
- Who ordered the echo? ( You’ll be getting that throughout the podcast everybody, so Happy Dawning to you.)
3:56 — Episode #045: Catching Up (Part One)
- So where do we begin?
- Do we talk about Festival of the Lost, or just hit The Dawning straight away?
- Just because we haven’t been talking about the game doesn’t mean we’ve been slacking.
- Dammit, Tess…
- Random Echo
- Brandon is still bitter about exotic issues.
- If you are new to the game (because of Christmas), welcome to Destiny 2!
- Random Echo
- Lamenting O.P. snowballs
- Nick has issues with Brother Vance…still…….
- Ridiculous Fun in The Dawning
- Eva’s Easy Bake Masterwork Oven
- A quick tangent about Santa Plisken from The Christmas Chronicles
- The Dawning Cheer
- Random Echo
- Group Emotes (So. Much. Fun.)
- Tee wants Bungie to commission a haka for Destiny.
- If you don’t know what a haka is…
- Munch is in Chat. LET’S GOOOOOOOO!
- Talking about the Season of the Forge
- Cayde-6 is gone…but there are reminders everywhere of our fallen Guardian.
- What Steve “The Blind Gamer” Saylor and Tee are planning in order to get him into Forsaken.
- Talking about Power Level
- And there goes Tee, showing off his Christmas gift…
- Talking about Dedication.
- Brandon, triggered.
- The Black Armory
- So, Ada-1…named after this legend of computation?
- The backlash over the Forge
- Hard work, but the payoff is worth it.
27:25 — Geek Wolfpack Podcast
28:18 — Episode #045: Catching Up (Part Two)
- Some #Charity love from Drafty!
- Nick…is struggling to figure out his own notes.
- Brandon has finally ran the Leviathan, and we could not be happier!
- Brandon, however, is happy that he no longer needs to do this raid. (He’s not a fan.)
- Tee’s most terrifying challenge of The Last Wish? Those damn skinny bridges.
- Love for the Dreaming City
- Yeah, Curse of Osiris……oh, Brother Vance…….
- Returning to The Last Wish for a moment…while going off on wild tangents.
- And yeah, Tee loves raids.
- And GuardianCon.
- So…about Uldren Sov…
- SPOILER ALERT — if you are avoiding spoilers from this latest DLC, jump ahead to 48:05 in the show! DO THIS NOW!!!
- We want to make sure you are not going to be spoiled.
- Didn’t see that coming, did you?
- “This is an Ex-AWOKEN!”
- Now would be a good time to read “The Man Called Cayde” Lore.
- A delightful Ghost named Pulled Pork…and a search coming to an end.
- Aaaaaand Plot Twist. Discuss.
- Wasn’t it nice returning to the Cosmodrome? (Tee has questions.)
- Turning our attention to the Tangled Shore
- Inspirations behind Spider
- Who doesn’t love Spider?
- We would love Bungie developers to come on the show…but we’re having better luck with voice talent…which isn’t a bad thing.
- Time to wrap up the show…
- And hey, you know about Hangry Gamer Gear? Check them out!
- Where to find us online…
- And here’s where to find us on PlayStation Network…
- 35:10 — Blooper Reel with Richard Sloniker
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.