From the creators of Halo, Destiny is a first-person shooter (FPS) video game released worldwide on September 9, 2014. Destiny is set in a “mythic science fiction” world that offers Player versus Environment (PvE) along with Player versus Player (PvP) challenges. Players create characters called “Guardians” set in one of three classes:
Once a Guardian is created, players can then undertake…
- Story Missions (Quests set in PvE)
- Three-Player Strikes (Enhanced Quest Missions set in PvE)
- Six-Player Raids (Original, Self-Contained, Enhanced PvE Missions)
- Free-Roam Patrols mode (PvE featuring public events)
- The Crucible (PvP Arena featuring a variety of deathmatch games)
Guardians serve as the protectors of Earth’s last safe city, operating from a central command called the Tower. The Guardians travel from planet to planet in the Sol System to investigate and destroy alien threats before humanity is completely wiped out.
Destiny’s timeline, since their 2014 launch, has included the following storylines and expansions:
- Year One (September 2014)
- The Dark Below (December 2014)
- House of Wolves (May 2015)
- The Taken King (September 2015)
- Rise of Iron (September 2016)
Destiny won GamesRadar’s 2014 Game of the Year and the 2014 British Academy Video Games Awards’ BAFTA Award for Best Game.
Destiny 2 is scheduled for a September 6, 2017 release. The Beta is scheduled to go live on the week of July 18.