You know know we Guardians love to learn a good raid, but before sitting at the feet of Raid masters like ZG Photo or LuluSoccer, you have to remember that they all start from somewhere. That first step. that incredibly humbling moment where the Raid Team Leader and their crew have no idea what is coming next.
Yesterday, a fireteam named The Legend Himself stepped forward to face the challenge of Destiny 2’s first raid, Leviathan. They completed it in six hours.
Destiny 2’s first raid, Leviathan, went live at 10am pacific today. Immediately, hardcore clans got to work. Hours later, a team of players cracked it. The Legend Himself had the honor of being the first team ever to beat a raid in Destiny 2. You can see the spoilerific final moments below. Chat, as you might expect, goes wild.
See the whole story, complete with spoiler video of Leviathan’s finale, here.
The Legend Himself, led by ScaRdrow, has an incredible history with Destiny Raids as he and his team accomplished not only the Rise of Iron Raid Wrath of the Machine (a personal favorite of Tee’s) in record time, but accomplished what many considered the impossible and unimaginable: a solo face-off with Aksis. Challenges are nothing new to this team, and what a feat to pull off in the first week of Destiny 2.
At the time of posting this, ZG Photo (friend of the podcast) is entering his ninth hour with a skilled Raid team; but Raids are not meant to be easy. They are meant to be a challenge, and we Guardians salute not only The Legend Himself, but ZG, Lulu, OneActual, 3vil_Aura, and others taking on what can only be described as an incredible task.
Well done, Guardians. Well done.
With the time closing in on the release of Destiny 2, the Guardians have decided since we’re on a roll with the weekly shows, we will continue this special once-a-week drop right up to Release Date. Then, once Destiny 2 is up and running, we’ll switch back to the fortnightly schedule.
The ramp-up to the new game and release date will include not only a video episode with Brandon and Tee, but interviews with other Guardians we like. And here’s one such Guardian, 3vil_Aura. Streaming from the Philadelphia area, Aura can be found on Twitch, tearing up the Crucible and entertaining viewers from all around the world.
If you got questions for Aura about Twitch, Destiny, Destiny 2, or pitbulls, reach out to him through us to us at 703.791.1701 or podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com. We’d love to hear from you!
00:00 — Episode #015: An Interview with 3vil_Aura!
- Welcome to the show their very first interview!
- When you say “I’ve been watching you on Twitch…” there’s no real un-creepy way to say that.
- How do you make an interview happen? Well…
- Welcome to Aura’s Twitch stream, The Pit, where the music mix is a lot of things, but “safe” isn’t one of them.
- Find Aura on Discord, and offer up your music suggestions…
- …but don’t expect Aura to get to that suggestion straight away.
- Along with Destiny and seriously kick-ass music, what else can you expect to see on The Pit?
- Different flavors of Call of Duty
- Destiny 2 (coming soon)
- …and, of course, Layla. Who is Layla, you ask?
- And, six minutes in, we hop off the rails…
- NO SOUP FOR YOU!
- What brought Aura to Destiny?
- Brandon, are you a little nervous? Hang in there, bro!
- What are classes best suited to the Crucible?
- How do you engage in The Crucible?
- How combat style matters in class and subclass
- Why Aura focuses his Destiny stream on PvP and the Crucible, primarily
- Time constraints
- The “replay-bility” of a Crucible match compared to Strikes and Story missions
- The entertainment factor
- How you get to run with Aura on The Crucible?
- Aura’s thoughts on what Bungie has in store for us in Destiny 2
- A deep-dive into Game Mode Specific Maps
- Aura stuck with PvP exclusively during the Beta. Here’s why.
- The value of Supers in Destiny
- Wait, it’s already been fifteen minutes?!
13:34 — This Kaiju Life
14:04 — Episode #015: An Interview with 3vil_Aura! (Part Two)
- Trying to get Nick and Brandon to behave in-studio? A lot harder than you think.
- More on Destiny 2…
- No, Tee didn’t know that Nick wanted to ask about the 4v4 dynamic because he kept his questions all to himself. THAT’S WHY WE HAVE SHOW PREP, KELLY!!!
- From Aura, in a nutshell: “I never had to struggle to find a gunfight.”
- The difference between engagement in Control and engagement in Countdown
- The new RADAR needs work.
- Stepping away from Destiny…
- Sitting back and letting the bassists rap a bit.
- Nick does not Twitch. Here’s why.
- Twitch Chat Management 101
- Aura’s Passion Project: Villa Lobos Rescue Center
- Yes, the same Villa Lobos from Pitbulls & Parolees
- How Aura uses Twitch to sponsor and raise money for Villa Lobos
- Other charity events Aura has participated in, including GuardianCon.
- Aura’s GuardianCon 2017 report
- We don’t really want this to end, but…
- Where to find Aura…
- Tee’s new at-work catch phrase, inspired by Aura
- Where to send your feedback
- Voicemail/WhatsApp — 703.791.1701
- Email — podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com
- Remember to leave us a review on iTunes!
- Where to find us online…
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find the show on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play!
Subscribe, listen, and review.
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |