Wasn’t that Destiny 2 Beta awesome?!
Okay, okay, okay, maybe not all Guardians would agree that the Beta was perfect, and even Nick, Brandon, Tee, and Ron would admit there were flaws.
It is a Beta, though.
Fresh from the experience, your Guardians are talking about what they liked — and what they didn’t like — in this week of awesome from Bungie. Instead of dropping all our thoughts in one massive show, we’ve got word from the Vanguards to run on a weekly schedule in order to take our time and enjoy our look at this incredible sneak peek at what’s coming on September 6th!
Sound off, Guardians! What were your favorite parts of the Destiny 2 Beta? What do you think needs work? Talk to us at 703.791.1701 (reachable through WhatsApp now) or podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com. We’d love to hear from you!
00:00 — Introduction
- Right — Let’s get some serious SEO accomplished here…
- No, Coach. Don’t spoil the Punch Line!
- The fans love Nathan Fillion!
- Welcome to the Nathan Fillion Is Awesome! podcast. And did we mention that we love Nathan Fillion? We sure do!!!
- Ron, you want to drive?
- Tee Morris: Rant the First
- We go hot with the mics…and NOW Nick wants to re-decorate!
- Tee Morris: Rant the Second
02:45 — Episode #12: All About the Beta (Part One — “Homecoming”)
- Tee can’t quite get the reveal of the Farm as a great way to end a Beta
- There were some issues reminiscent of Destiny: Year One
- Not this again? (No, thankfully…)
- Problems logging on…
- …for everyone except, Tee. Tee was patient. (For once.)
- “Hey, Twitch Guy…I gotta go play! Thanks!”
- Yeah, Tee took a whole day off from work for this. No regrets.
- Nick, on the other hand, had bigger issues.
- Tee streamed his experience! Take a look here at archived Twitch streams.
- Brandon is our resident Beta expert, so we want to know how the Destiny 2 Beta compared to other Betas he played.
- Nick doubles down over Ghaul: Ghaul’s a jackass!
- Some other problems in the Beta
- Cooldown times were ridiculous…but not if you ask Coach who has a different perspective on this.
- The new abilities are very cool, provided you remember you have them.
- Like it or not, this is part of “starting over” in Destiny 2.
- Transitioning with the mechanics is a little tricky.
- All weapons felt nerfed. Especially when Nick compares ballistic damage to punching aliens in the face.
- Sadly though, Tee is still shooting like a stormtrooper.
- Now that we’ve seen her fly, Nick has a new nickname for Amanda Holliday: #BlondeSolo
15:21 — GameStop of Innovation Center (Manassas, Virginia)
16:03 —Episode #12: All About the Beta (Part One — “Homecoming”)
- How could I have startled Coach when he speaks to me this way in the Crucible?!
- And Nick watches us nerd out…
- So who else had all the Feelz when you reached out for your Ghost?
- Let’s talk about “Homecoming”…
Not this one…although it is a REALLY good movie!
- The opening mission is extremely well-directed
- Beautiful cinematography
- More storytelling in this mission than in all in Year One of Destiny
- DAT SCORE!!!
- Dr. Stacia Kelly has a tough time walking through the Tower now
- Tee has a theory about Sweeperbot.
- Security Sentries seen everywhere in “Homecoming” and at The Farm.
- So much to see walking through what remains of the Tower…
- The tipped-over urn of Eris Morn
- Did you see Shaxx’s Trophy Room?
- The only banners still flying in the hangar: The Future War Cult
- There’s too much for one show, so expect more installments just about the Beta experience.
- Okay, let’s talk about Gary…
- Nick still thinks he’s a jackass.
- When Ghaul makes an entrance, nothing else matters. It’s a terrific villain for a terrific game.
- Ghaul returns fear to the game.
25:05 — Guardian Feedback
- All the way from the Great White north, Steve Saylor a/k/a The Blind Gamer, taking his first crack at Destiny with the Destiny 2 Beta!
- Oh, Steve…what’s waiting for you…
- Totally new to Destiny? Start with Destiny 2, or go back to the original?
- Another voicemail, this one from Jonathan Jett-Parmer, going deep into the mechanics. AND SOME SERIOUS “COUNTDOWN” LOVE!
- What is it with the hate for the Arcstrider? (I love it.)
- Tee and Brandon go back and forth about the Sentinel’s super…
- …and we discuss more mechanics that we should have a place to practice, but we didn’t have it.
- Destiny 2 Beta. Not really for the lone wolf?
- The purpose of a Beta: A Bug Hunt
- Twitter feedback from Episode #011
- A simple message…
- …from an unexpected listener: #BlondeSolo herself, Courtenay Taylor
- This is what happens when no one else but Tee checks the podcast’s Twitter account!
- Nick may need a moment…
- An appeal to #BlondeSolo to come on the show.
- Why didn’t Shohreh Aghdashloo tweet Tee? Nick knows.
- What did you think of the Beta? Let us know at…
- Voicemail/WhatsApp — 703.791.1701 (And Brandon’s rolling his eyes about the “WhatsApp” connection. Whatev’s.)
- Email — podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com
- Where to find us online…
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find the show on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play!
Subscribe, listen, and review.
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |