Welcome to the twentieth episode of Happy Hour from the Tower, and have we got a show for you! It’s always nice when you have a guest on who takes advantage of when hosts say “We usually go for half an hour, but if we go long, we go long…” because Destiny power player LuluSoccer did just that!
Welcome to this super-sized episode a life-long gamer whose charm, wit, and grace are impossible to deny. It’s LuluSoccer on Happy Hour from the Tower!
Got some questions for Lulu or the Guardians? Send in your feedback at 703.791.1701 or podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com. We’d love to hear from you!
00:00 — Introduction
- With all of Tee’s prep for this episode, he forgot to ask one thing…
- The Guardians know about Lulusoccer, but Tee is kind of a fanboi.
- What would happen if Tee had completely flubbed this intro? (HINT: Do over!!!)
2:04 — Episode #020: An Interview with LuluSoccer
- A quick history of Lulu’s Legendaries and what you can find on her Twitch stream.
- Watching Lulu play, you learn one simple rule: LULU IS SAVAGE!
- Tee’s story on how he found out about Lulu’s prowess behind a controller…
- Lulu has been gaming for a LONG time.
- Her first gaming system: A Nintendo NES
- RESPECT THE CLASSICS!
- And there is the competitive streak amongst siblings.
- Apart from Destiny, some other games you might see on Lulu’s feed…
- Nick is still struggling with Twitch and its chat window feature. He was scarred after his introduction through Bungie.
- So what brought Lulu to Destiny?
- It all started on a little game called Halo…
- Destiny served as Lulu’s gateway into online gameplay.
- Nick is slaying Tee in studio…
- How Lulu ranks Raids, PVP, and story campaigns
- What is this “Drunken Raid” you speak of?
- Still working through the new PvP dynamic
- It’s nice to have stuff to do in Destiny 2 where you can chill out…
- Brandon, Y U TALK OVR BUMPR?!?!?
15:25 — The P.I.Y. Workshop 2017, presented by Tee Morris & Chuck Tomasi of Podcasting for Dummies, 3rd Edition
16:05 — Episode #020: An Interview with LuluSoccer (Part 2)
- Lulu’s got the gist of the show!
- Female gamers—especially ones as good as Lulu—are targets for toxic players who are feeling brave behind a keyboard.
- How does Lulu manage the trolls?
- Many of them work through Whispers (DMs) on Twitch.
- Lulu and her mods work together to keep the stream positive.
- Even the Destiny community nurses its fair share of jerks, but on a whole? Good people make the best Guardians.
- Nick and Tee share their own stories about their significant others and games.
- Quick shout-out to Raza that led to this interview.
- Much like with Zack, there are challenges in hosting raids, especially with people that you have never run with before that moment.
- Breaking down the strengths of each Guardians on the show…
- What makes Destiny 2 so much fun for Lulu?
- The Leviathan Raid which offers a sense of wonder…
- …and now a sense of economy as Lulu devours the Leviathan Raid.
- The Pleasure Gardens was a challenge though.
- Cracking the mechanics of a raid also unlocks the fun of a raid.
- We should be wrapping up the show…but this is too much fun!
31:03 — Headshots
32:29 — Episode #020: An Interview with LuluSoccer (Part 3)
- Nick trips up on his rejoiner. He blames football.
- Wait a minute — back to Lulu…
- No, we’re not talking about rugby or football. We’re talking about GuardianCon!
- So what is it again?
- We are going to name-drop HARD to get into it!
- And Lulu recommends it! She knows cons as she’s a veteran of TwitchCon.
- There’s a lot of hugging, and — according to Tiddlywinks — lots of butt-grabbing…
- Lulu is not only saving lives in the Last City, she’s saving lives in the real world!
- Lulu’s road to becoming a nurse.
- Bringing the best of both worlds together as Lulu’s wing offer video games to their patients.
- Lulu also applies those leadership skills from Destiny to her nurses.
- Games for Change should be talking to Lulu, we think…
- Lulu’s advice or strategy for anyone new to Destiny
- Play the story mission first.
- Get to know your fellow Guardians.
42:14 — Destiny in the News & Closing Thoughts
- Turns out that Tee and Lulu share a love for the Dinklage, and not just in Destiny…
- …and somehow the Guardians go on a Defenders tangent. Wait, what?
- News Item One: The Faction Rally Has Begun!
- What the Faction Rally is, and why you want to be involved.
- Who will the Guardians swear allegiance?
- News Item Two: Pittsburgh Steelers’ Antonio Brown turns Destiny 2 emote into a touchdown dance
- Lulu’s favorite emote? The one she doesn’t have…
- Brandon’s a little salty.
- News Item Three: Tee had a tough call to make with Funko Pops, and he chose his Vanguard, Ikora. Well, Nick and Brandon surprise Tee with…
- Tee shares his own gateway to Destiny story.
- Where to find LuluSoccer
- Holy Hannah in a Hovercraft, that was fun! What did you think?
- Voicemail — 703.791.1701
- Email — podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com
- Make sure to leave us a review on iTunes! Let people know about this podcast.
- And Brandon gives the Creative Commons tag another go…and he sticks the landing!
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find the show on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play!
Subscribe, listen, and drop us a review.
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |