Episode #002 of Happy Hour from the Tower: A Destiny Podcast is going “Cabals Deep” into what Bungie is calling their “Victory Lap” prior to the release of Destiny 2. Age of Triumph is a new record book—the biggest Bungie has ever released—and Tee, Nick, and Brandon are nostalgically looking ahead to what’s in store.
00:00 — Introduction
- Once again? But this is our second episode.
- Age of Triumph in one Twitch stream? Don’t be ridiculous…
1:32 — Welcome to the Age of Triumph
- This is the celebration from Bungie for Destiny.
- Why Twitch is called Twitch, according to Nick…
- A bit of the community is upset about all this new gear coming.
- Let’s enjoy the Farewell Tour
- Stream One: Let’s talk about RAIDS
- Deej (David Dague), Community Manager
- Ryan Paradis, Lead Designer
- Joe Blackburn, Senior Raid Designer
- All of Destiny’s raids are back…but there is a catch.
- For any new Destiny players, what is a Raid?
- Brandon discovers the hard way how matchmaking works: It doesn’t.
- Horror Stories of Failed Raids
- There is more to Age of Triumph other than Raids. Let’s talk about Strikes.
- Smoked Meat analogies work for this game.
- Stream Two: All About STRIKES and QUESTS
- Deej (again)
- Tim Williams, Story Developer from Rise of Iron
- Joe Sifferman, Strike Developer
- New weekly Quest Playlists
- 12 steps to new treasures and cool stuff
- Where is your Record Book? (Just in case you don’t know.)
- This is a 12-Step Program that is no help whatsoever.
- Treasures of the Ages: available at EverVerse or playing the AoT challenges.
- A few notes on finding Silver Dust
- Feeling the pain of the grind…
- New Weekly Offerings
- Challenge of Elders (Level 42 Arena)
- Nightfall Strike (Level 42/380 Light)
- Some Daybreak Modifier Love
- Can you smell the nostalgia? We can.
- Daybreak Modifier drops on Day 1…and we are counting down…
- Nick’s Lament…
13:10 — Geek Radio Daily
14:11 — The Age of Triumph (Part Two)
- When does this Age of Triumph madness begin today? Wait…TODAY?!
- So how close are we to that coveted 390 Light Level? Yeah, about that…
- Stream Three: All the GOODIES
- Deej (as always)
- Ian Macintosh, Artist
- Josh Hammrick, Senior Designer.
- Apparently, Deej is your huckleberry.
- We do love MAGFest on this podcast.
- The armor of the Age of Triumph is insane…
- The Vault of Glass armor
Brandon covets it, but Tee’s got issues.
- Verizon will not be sponsoring this podcast anytime soon.
- We also love Rev3 on this podcast.
- The Crota’s End armor
- And you know what’s another great analogy that works for Destiny?
- The Wrath of the Machine: Age of Triumph Armor…
Tee wants this. BAD.
- Tee is continuing baby steps with his KinderGuardian…
- The Moment of Triumph armor…sexay!
- So how did Bungie pull this off without putting on additional demands on the consoles?
- And then you have the Exotic weapons…
- It’s great listening to Nick and Brandon covet gear.
- Foreshadowing to Episode #3
- Nick goes there…
23:06 — Guardian Feedback
- Comments from the Cosmodrome already?!
- A question from Steve Saylor, The Blind Gamer — Where to start on Destiny?
- A comment from author P.C. Haring — Why do you play Destiny?
- What happens when Guardians tie the knot? You get epic photos like this! (Props to Sandy Pataray/illbeyourpal on Xbox)
- Want to share your thoughts with the Tower?
- Voicemail — 703.791.1701
- Email — podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com
Signing off from the Tower…
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
And remember, you can find the show on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play!
Subscribe, listen, and review.
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
[…] When Bungie revealed their new armor for the Age of Triumph, the guys knew they had to up their game, one Raid at a time; and recently, Tee and Brandon got a fireteam together and headed into the original (vanilla) edition of Vault of Glass. […]
[…] Our first “official” episode covered the Age of Triumph! […]