It’s finally here!
Destiny 2 has arrived for PS4 and XBox (hang tight, PC players — it will be worth the wait!) and the Guardians from Happy Hour from the Tower: A Destiny Podcast are bringing you their spoiler-free review of the game that has been receiving stellar reviews across the board.
After a week (give or take a day) of gameplay, here’s what the Guardians think!
What are your thoughts on Destiny 2? Give us your own review (spoiler-free, please) at 703.791.1701 or podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com. We’d love to hear from you!
00:00 — Introduction
- Nick is turned into a drop-in!
- Brandon really should not have made that crack about Tee on the Geek Wolfpack Podcast.
- Coach has returned!
- And wow, did he ever pick a terrible time to move south!
2:00 — Episode #019: A Review of Destiny 2
- Destiny 2 is here! Whoo-hoo!!!
- Not many spoilers in this episode, we promise!
- Where we are in both character development and progress in the storyline.
- Overall thoughts from the Guardians on Destiny 2
- There’s a show in the hopper that we may have to try and drop into the feed.
- Even the villain is more active in this sequel.
- And we creep up the precipice of spoilers, but manage to pull it back…
- …but Tee steals a bit of Nick’s thunder totally by accident. (Did you know the Consul was this actor?)
- The game’s most terrifying moment.
- From Nick Kelly: Destiny 1 is Alien. Destiny 2 is Aliens.
- Ron’s disappointment: Your Silent Character with a Ghost Interpreter
- A subject also covered on Return to Orbit.
- For Tee, it’s no big deal. For Cayde-6, it’s an Easter Egg.
- Other little nods and touches throughout the new world.
18:28 — Episode #019: A Review of Destiny 2 (Part 2)
- Still got it, even across the distance.
- Tee goes nuts over the score of Destiny 2.
- Let’s talk about voice talent…
- Mechanical Improvements in Destiny 2
- Fast Travel — Brandon loves that!
- A tiny touch in the Map that the Guardians are appreciating hard
- Nice nod to Donkey Kong
- Nick doesn’t have a problem with overkill from time to time.
- A drop-in that we will no longer be playing on our show…
- Improved Foley
- Improved Public Events, and the benefits of Heroic Public Events
- Some love for the Adventures
- What a ride! Worth the Wait!
29:20 — Destiny in the News & Closing Thoughts
- The Family that raids together stays together! Check out Michi Gopp and his family!
- Michi’s got advice for running into Germans in the Crucible…
- News Item One: Curse of Osiris DLC leaks, Bungie Confirms It’s Legit
- News Item Two: Here’s What’s Coming Up THIS MONTH in Destiny 2. (Just. This. Month.)
- What are we looking forward to in Destiny 2?
- THE BIG QUESTION: What Destiny 2 worth the wait?
- Hope you have enjoyed the podcasting rally to launch week!
- And Brandon gives the Creative Commons tag a try. Not as easy as he thought it would be…
- Let us know what you think of the Destiny experience and how Destiny 2 is treating you!
- Voicemail — 703.791.1701
- Email — podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com
- And make sure to leave us a review on iTunes! Let people know about this podcast.
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.