EDITOR’S NOTE: During the playback of the episode, we have noticed some problems with “crackling” in the audio. Turns out a cable (we’re just not sure which one) is giving up the Ghost, so our next batch of recordings should sound a bit better.
The Fireteam is ready for a trip into the Crucible as we are a full-on crew. Coach is back!!! We are settling in to talk about The Black Armory and current quests that are active in-game. We also celebrate a little victory on Tee’s end of his Malfeasence Quest.
Remember, Guardians, you can call into the show and give us your thoughts. Go on and reach out to us at 703.791.1701 or podcast (at) happyhourfromthetower (dot) com. We’d love to hear from you!
00:00 — Introduction
- Did you know we are now recording LIVE ON TWITCH? Because yeah, we are.
- We are teasing a-plenty in this introduction.
- Hey now — welcome back, Coach!
- Explaining to your parents how there are chairs, and then there are chairs.
- Have you visited Hangry Gamer Gear? Check them out!
2:06 — Episode #047: Active Quests & The Black Armory (Part One)
- How has the weekend been for the Fireteam?
- Brandon’s got a root canal…at 14.
- Nick’s got a new book out — Catwalk: Hypnotic — and you can find out more about the Catwalk series here!
- Obi is as chill as winter.
- Tee, on the other hand? No chill whatsoever… (Video NSFW)
- Shout out to The Big Marvinski for being a part of this!
- So, Tee, did you get it?
- Okay, let’s break it down…
- Little victories. Take them when they come.
- A brief discussion on the difficulty with Destiny 2 on Mouse & Keyboard.
- So what does a Titan write in a journal? (Bigger question: How does a Titan know how to write in a journal?!)
- Shout-out to Richard Sloniker for the love on Twitter!
- Power Level Update for the Fireteam
- Coach Obi — 650 across all classes
- Brandon — 627 for Hunter
- Nick — 615 on his Titan
- Tee — 645-650 on Warlock, 650 on his Titan
- …and Tee’s got a Sidearm he loves.
- Ice T — 650. (Yes, THAT Ice T!)
- The Quest for The Last Word
- Brandon was really tasting the salt…
- …but he and Ron go back and forth about the best approach to this quest.
- Deep diving into the up’s and down’s about that one particular quest step for The Last Word.
- Big love for Byf!
- The real question: How bad do you want this hand cannon?
- Some lore discussion about The Last Word and The Thorn
- Another big shout-out for Byf and this video…
27:15 — Hangry Gamer Gear
28:00 — Episode #047: Active Quests & The Black Armory (Part Two)
- Junior Turtle answers the lore question thrown out by Nick…
- Diving a little deeper into The Black Armory
- Let’s talk about favorite weapons from the Black Armory…
- …and in particular, Obi’s love for the Jotunn.
- Tee’s digging the Hammerhead.
- Nick and Brandon, father and son defined.
- Coach’s GoFannon Forge Strategy — yes, it works!
- Coach’s opinion on the pacing of The Black Armory
- Not all cloaks are styling like Cayde’s.
- Nick’s a little salty about that Telesto.
- The Supers are feeling super again. It’s feeling good, and a LOT of fun.
- Aaaaaaand cue the ball busting from Coach….
- Hey, Brandon — who are you running with in Destiny? YOUR MOM! (No, seriously…)
- Oh Brandon… RNG never seems to smile on him.
- So…about Mara Sov… eh, let’s save that for another show, shall we?
- Where to find us online…
- And here’s where to find us on PlayStation Network…
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.