Speaking from a place of raw honesty.
After an unexpected one-hour rant on Tee’s stream, Tee reached out to the fireteam and set up this recording that is both on topic (sadly) about current events in the Destiny community.
Share with us your thoughts at 703.791.1701, at email@example.com, or in the Comments below.
00:00 — Episode #064: Hard Talk from the Tower
- It’s starting off like any other Happy Hour, but give us a few minutes…
- A quick look at the Season of Arrivals
- Brandon is extremely happy with the new content. It’s a step in the right direction.
- Nick was not ready for this conversation, but we should talk a bit about Destiny.
- Tee’s thoughts on the new Prophecy dungeon
- Two weeks of tumultuous events in the Destiny community
- DISCLAIMER: We are three straight white guys talking about sexual harassment. Yes, we know this.
- That being said, we’re going to talk about this subject matter because we have to.
- A few thoughts before we move forward on this…
- No victim blaming or shaming. We believe you.
- We’re flawed.
- Brandon brings a unique perspective on this discussion.
- This is not your normal Happy Hour from the Tower episode.
- It begins with a Medium post from SheSnaps.
- From here, voices began to speak up.
- Tee had set himself up on The Last of Us, Part II on Father’s Day…but spent some time talking about this on his own.
- It’s been a pretty intense month, let’s be honest.
- Pride Month
- Black Lives Matter
- …and then all this happens in the Destiny community.
- Nick emphasizes the importance of communication and overcoming the fear of what victims are feeling.
- Brandon offers a younger perspective to what has been unfolding within the gaming community.
- Tee’s trigger: Notoriety Management
- Tee recalls his time as an actor…
- …and how it segues into his experience as a podcaster, back in 2006-2008.
- The ease of buying into your own hype
- A response to the streamer that sounds like “Reams Hard” — Last time I checked, it’s my responsibility not to force myself into a woman’s personal space.
- If you need help, check out the Discord server run by Guardians MH.
- Nick recalls his own struggle with notoriety during his hard rocker days…
- When Tee noticed the patterns…
- Tee has some fun at Renaissance fairs…and that was a problem.
- True confessions from the science fiction convention circuit
- Slowing the rock and roll, and steering clear of the Old School
- Nick echoes the change in his own approach to the world when ascending to parenthood.
- How do you learn better behavior and avoiding your own hype?
- Wishing some serious love towards Reams Hard.
- The Importance of Owning It
- Phrase we need to stop saying: “But you have to understand”
- You are truly sorry if you work to make sure it doesn’t happen again
- Brandon on breaking your own programming.
- Tee’s story from JMU Marching Royal Dukes days and another phrase we need to stop saying: “Boys will be boys.”
- Freedom of Speech is NOT Freedom of Accountability or Responsibility
- If anyone has a “responsibility” it is us as an audience as we are enabling and empowering dangerous individuals.
- Recognizing bad situations, and how “phoning a friend” (even the ones in New Zealand) can save you.
- Wise words from the Doctor of Twitch.
- The responsibility of possessing a viable platform
- Why not be like Markiplier? Why not be more like Steve Saylor? Is it harder to do? Yes, but the end result is worth it all.
- Action items: What we can do to be better Guardians?
- Being better is not easy but it’s going to be worth it.
- Be Brave, Guardians.
Where can you find the Fireteam?
- Drop the Tower a line at…
- VOICEMAIL: 703.791.1701
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LIVE: http://twitch.tv/theteemonster
- Where to find us online…
- And here’s where to find us on PlayStation Network…
Remember to leave us a comment or questions
for the show at 703.791.1701, or here at the blog.
We’ll talk about it!
Eyes up, Guardian!
Time to give up the Ghost.
Thanks for listening.